I recently bought the Fujifilm X100S as a take anywhere camera for when I don’t want to be weighed down by my kit. I have to say it’s a joy to use and compared to the gear I normally use weighs almost nothing.
Here’s a link to the company Specifications page:
Here are my thoughts:
· The viewfinder isn’t the best (I’m used to using a true viewfinder on a SLR) with the lens visible in the bottom right side.
· The screen is beautiful and takes up most of the space on the back, I use it instead of the viewfinder.
· The camera shoots the high quality imagery that I’m used to with a full frame SLR, but at a fraction of the weight.
· The camera itself looks fantastic , styled like a German camera from about 50 or 60 years ago.
· The auto-focus works really well like I’m used to with more complex SLR system.
· The camera has crashed a few times whilst viewing images, but is fixed by restarting the camera
· The battery lasted for about 270 images on RAW + Jpg setting, which isn’t great but was partly due to using the screen as a viewfinder
· The aperture works smoothly and at f/2 gives a nice shallow depth of field.
· The 35mm fixed lens is a great all rounder.